Mon, 12 Sept|
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Term Pass (September - October)
Scenes, scenes, scenes... Reps, reps, reps! Jams are the perfect training ground to get back to the basics, mix with different improvisers and get to do scenes, scenes, and more scenes—and Term Passes are your all access pass!
WHEN AND WHERE
12 Sept 2022, 7:30 pm – 24 Oct 2022, 9:30 pm
St Paul's Lutheran Church , 12 King Street, Mount Cook, Wellington 6021, New Zealand
EARLYBIRD DISCOUNT - Sign-up with code REPS by Sunday, 28th August for $30 off!
They're back, baby! Workouts are the perfect training ground to get back to the basics, mix with different improvisers and get to do scenes, scenes, and more scenes!
The Heart of It
Scenes, scenes, scenes... Reps, reps, reps! The Term Pass unlocks unlimited access to all 6 of the Monday Workout Sessions for the term plus the opportunity to perform in the Monday Midterm and Graduation showcases at The Pow Wow Room (as well as the pre-show workouts/rehearsals).
This is a chance to work in varied groups each week, led by coaches that offer encouragement and feedback, alongside their own improv expertise.
Each Weekly Workout is designed to offer variety and to stretch specific skills in your grounded improv toolkit. Purchasing a Term Pass will auto-reserve you a spot in each of the 6 Weekly Workouts and the 2 Midterm and Grad Shows, locking in your spot and saving you time and money.
- Auto-reservation. Your spot will be automatically reserved for all 6 sessions of the term, and the 2 midterm and graduation showcases + their rehearsals
- Variety and Interconnection. Get the opportunity to work with different improvisers - of all different levels of experience
- Performance opportunity. Term Pass holders will be offered 2 performance opportunities - a midterm and a graduation showcase
The course runs for 8 weeks, from Monday, 12th September to Monday, 24th October 2022.
The Art of the Scene Course
Interested in getting back to the basics and practicing the art of the scene? The Art of the Scene is open to all improvisers wishing to get that extra practice and learning in! Covering:
- Worldbuilding - object work that will inspire you as much as any word can do!
- The ABC method - a structure to assure your scene gets off on the right foot and builds equitably and joyfully
- Silent scenes
- Rapid-fire dialogue techniques
- And more...
Monday nights, from 5:45 pm - 7:20 pm (The Art of the Scene class takes place before the Workouts)
Payment & Refund Policy
- If we are unable to accommodate you as an applicant, your fee will be refunded within 24 hours.
- If you purchase a Term Pass but decide not to continue after your first Weekly Workout, your payment is refundable, minus an administration fee of $100.
- No refunds are offered after attending two Weekly Workout Sessions.
- All course fees are GST inclusive.
- In the event of COVID making meeting in person unsafe, we move workouts online.
Workout Term Pass
Access to all 6 of the Monday Night Jams, alongside the Midterm and Graduation Showcases and their respective rehearsals!