Mon, 27 Jun|
Term Pass (June - August 2022)
Workouts are back, baby! Following a term that featured an array of performance opportunities, comes a term with a whole heap of opportunities to get back to the basics! Mix with different improvisers and get to do scenes, scenes, and more scenes!
WHEN AND WHERE
27 Jun 2022, 7:30 pm – 15 Aug 2022, 9:30 pm
Wellington, 12 King Street, Mount Cook, Wellington 6021, New Zealand
EARLYBIRD DISCOUNT - Sign-up with code 'SCENES' by Tuesday 14th June for $40 off!
Workouts are back, baby! Following a term that featured an array of performance opportunities, comes a term with a whole heap of opportunities to get back to the basics, mix with different improvisers and get to do scenes, scenes, and more scenes!
The Heart of It
Scenes, scenes, scenes... Reps, reps, reps! The Term Pass unlocks unlimited access to all 6 of the Monday Workout Sessions for the term plus the opportunity to perform in the Monday midterm and graduation showcases at The Pow Wow Room (as well as the pre-show workouts/rehearsals).
This is a chance to work in varied groups each week, led by coaches that offer encouragement and feedback, alongside their own improv expertise.
Each Weekly Workout is designed to offer variety and to stretch specific skills in your grounded improv toolkit. Purchasing a Term Pass will auto-reserve you a spot in each of the 6 Weekly Workouts and the 2 Midterm and Grad Shows, locking in your spot and saving you time and money.
- Auto-reservation. Your spot will be automatically reserved for all 6 sessions of the term, and the 2 midterm and graduation showcases + their rehearsals
- Variety and Interconnection. Get the opportunity to work with different improvisers - of all different levels of experience
- Performance opportunity. Term Pass holders will be offered 2 performance opportunities - a midterm and a graduation showcase
The course runs for 8 weeks, from Monday, 27th June to Monday, 15th August 2022.
The Art of the Scene Course
Interested in getting back to the basics and practicing the art of the scene? The Art of the Scene is open to all improvisers wishing to get that extra practice and learning in! Covering:
- Worldbuilding - object work that will inspire you as much as any word can do!
- The ABC method - a structure to assure your scene gets off on the right foot and builds equitably and joyfully
- Silent scenes
- Rapid-fire dialogue techniques
- And more...
Monday nights, from 5:45 pm - 7:20 pm (The Art of the Scene class takes place before the Workouts)
$390 ($345 with Earlybird discount - Sign-up with code 'APPLE' by Tuesday 14th June for $45 off!
Payment & Refund Policy
- If we are unable to accommodate you as an applicant, your fee will be refunded within 24 hours.
- If you purchase a Term Pass but decide not to continue after your first Weekly Workout, your payment is refundable, minus an administration fee of $100.
- No refunds are offered after attending two Weekly Workout Sessions.
- All course fees are GST inclusive.
- In the event of COVID making meeting in person unsafe, we move workouts online.
Workout Term Pass
Access to all 6 of the Monday Night Jams, alongside the Midterm and Graduation Showcases and their respective rehearsals!