Mon, 31 Jan|
Shows: The Pow Wow Room. Rehearsals: TBD
Performance Program – Term 1 (the Launch Term)
Optimized opportunities to perform, practice, play, and watch amazing live improv... and connect!
WHEN AND WHERE
31 Jan 2022, 6:00 pm NZDT – 14 Mar 2022, 8:00 pm NZDT
Shows: The Pow Wow Room. Rehearsals: TBD, 74 Courtenay Place, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Use code DIVEINDOUBLEDIME for $20 off! Expires December 14 at 11:59PM.
Improv Connection is ready for the next big step – to kick off 2022 with our exciting new Performance Program! Creating more opportunities to practice, play, learn and watch amazing live improv... and connect more than ever before.
Launch Term (Term 1) of our Performance Program will feature troupes of 5 - 7 players. Each troupe will be assigned a unique coach to assist with teaching, training, and building on the skills in their improv toolkits for an upcoming performance date at The Pow Wow Room, as well as building the bonds you need to make the troupe your own.
In addition to Monday night coaching, Performance Program improvisers will also get access to Sunday Night JAMS, at no additional cost!
After signing up, you will receive an email with information on selecting your preferred troupe members, with Improv Connection endeavouring to ensure you get one of your troupe picks!
Performance Program Players will receive:
- Your own troupe slated through until the end of March (and possibly June if you choose to continue into Term 2)
- 18 hours of coaching with a unique coach, in troupes half the size of a standard 12-person class
- One performance at The Pow Wow Room, along with 2 onsite rehearsals
- High-quality photo and video from your performance at The Pow Wow Room
- The opportunity to be first in line for Performance Troupes in Term 2, where each troupe's performances triple
- Access to 7 Sunday night jams at The Pow Wow Room
- $5 entry to Improv Connection Showcases and Funny 'Cause It's True Shows at The Pow Wow Room
- An artist profile on the Improv Connection website
- Access to an Improv Rules session
- An invite to end of term festivities
- 100% of the show profits after half the full-price seats are filled (if all 80 seats are fillable under Covid rules)
As well as:
- A dedicated marketer and promoter for your show
- The opportunity to fund low-income players and assist in the goal of funding a theatre
- Inspiring the next generation of improvisers
- In-built socializing; hang out before, during, and after shows right on Courtenay Place
- Breaks built in, to protect mental health and help avoid burnout!
- As you know - an awesome community of supportive and dedicated performers, in person and online!
For your calendars:
Sunday JAM Dates:
Sunday 30th January: 7pm - 8:30pm
Sunday 6th February: 7pm - 8:30pm
Sunday 13th February: 7pm - 8:30pm
Sunday 20th February: 7pm - 8:30pm
Sunday 6th March: 7pm - 8:30pm
Sunday 13th March: 7pm - 8:30pm
Sunday 20th March: 7pm - 8:30pm
NOTE: Term 2 will be 9 weeks of Coachings over 11 weeks.
Monday Coaching Dates:
Monday 31st January: 6pm - 9 pm
Monday 7th February: 6 pm - 9 pm
Monday 14th February: 6 pm - 9 pm
Monday 21st February: 6 pm - 9 pm
Monday 28th February: 6pm - 8pm (note earlier exit to get to show)
Monday 7th March: 6 pm - 8 pm (note earlier exit to get to show)
Monday 14th March: 6 pm - 8 pm (note earlier exit to get to show)
NOTE: Term 2 will be 9 weeks of Coachings over 11 weeks.
Monday Funny 'Cause It's True Show Dates:
Monday 28th February: 8:15pm - 9:30pm
Monday 7th March: 8:15pm - 9:30pm
Monday 14th March: 8:15pm - 9:30pm
NOTE: Term 2 will have triple the performances, likely with the same group intact.
Additional Sunday Coaching:
Once troupes have been allocated, yours will have an additional hour practice on either Sunday 27th February, Sunday 6th March or Sunday 13th March, depending on which Funny ‘Cause It’s True show date your troupe will be performing.
Improv Connection, alongside The Pow Wow Room and our rehearsal spaces, will be requiring a valid vaccine pass.
Fine BUT IMPORTANT Print
1. We may not be able to accommodate everyone in the program – schedules, skills level, chemistry match, and/or other factors may not be possible for the amount of coaches we have. If we ultimately determine we cannot accommodate you in this program, you will be immediately refunded, and receive a call from us about the next steps for how to continue your progress.
2. The Google signup form after you sign up here is due 24 hours after signup. It should take just a few minutes. Note your application is not final until you fill out this form. As Austin says, it's important you're there for the vast majority of coaching sessions, to build that chemistry, otherwise when you go up, it won't feel like "your" show.
3. This form is for Term 1 only. Signups for Term 2 open in March. You are encouraged to continue with us, as that's when we'll be hitting our stride, and our performances triple.
4. Because we want to focus on troupe chemistry in Term 1, this Launch Term will likely have one public performance per troupe – two at most, depending on how many players we accept into the program. We're calling this term the Launch Term, because it prepares and catapults us into Term 2, when our performances are slated to triple!
5. Improv Connection, alongside The Pow Wow Room and our rehearsal spaces, will require a valid vaccine pass.
6. If you can't afford this program at the listed price, Choose "Other Arrangement" on the ticket page, and please contact us about volunteer opportunities, payment schedules, or, well, other arrangements. We will do our best not to turn anyone away over lack of funds.
7. Covid events that make meeting in person difficult may instead be replaced by online sessions.
8. Vaccine passes are required for all Improv Connection events and at their venues.
Performance Troupe Membership$329.00
This is for partial scholarships or payment plans via bank transfer, if needed. Just contact us with the plan, and hold your space now!$0.00